Income share agreement program by Blue Ridge Bank, N.A., can be used to finance the Northeastern University Career Accelerator program.
Blue Ridge Bank, N.A. offers you an option to apply for an income share agreement (ISA) to pay for your program.
With an ISA, you only pay for your education when you have a job with a minimum income level, and then only a fixed percentage of your income.
Pay your tuition with an Income Share Agreement (ISA): With an ISA you only make payments once you get a job and earn at or above a minimum income level.
With an ISA you do not pay your tuition up-front. ISAs* may be issued by Blue Ridge Bank, N.A. ISAs may not be available to residents of California.
For additional details regarding ISA terms for this program, see the Application & Solicitation Disclosure
* ISAs are issued by Blue Ridge Bank, N.A. This listing does not constitute a recommendation or endorsement of ISA financing by Northeastern University. Northeastern University is not a representative or an affiliate of MentorWorks or Blue Ridge Bank, N.A. and does not in any manner endorse their programs. References on this website to Northeastern University do not guarantee ISA eligibility or serve as financial advice. You should carefully consider your choice of educational program and seek advice from a qualified advisor.
WHAT IS AN ISA?
Income Share Agreements (ISAs) are a flexible alternative to traditional fixed payment installment loans. Basically, students pay a percentage of their future income for a set period of time, up to a maximum cap, without accruing interest. Unlike a loan, students do not pay until they find a job and reach the minimum income threshold. The payments adjust according to the level of the student’s income – providing downside protections for the student. ISAs may be issued by Blue Ridge Bank, N.A. ISAs may not be available to residents of California.
HOW PAYMENT WORKS
- Students do not pay until they find a job and reach the minimum income threshold
- The payments adjust according to levels of the student’s income
- Monthly payments are calculated by applying the income share rate to the total monthly earned income
- ISA obligations can be ended earlier by making early payments as listed in the early payment schedule
ISA vs. STUDENT LOAN COMPARISON
|Income Share Agreements VS. PLUS/Private Loans|
|Interest does not accrue or capitalize.||Interest accrues and capitalizes.|
|Your credit score does not affect the terms of your ISA.||Your credit score may affect the terms of your loan and could impact your eligibility.|
|Monthly payments are based on a percentage of your income.||You pay a fixed amount each month, regardless of your income.|
|Payments don’t start until you make above the minimum salary level in your ISA contract.||You make payments, even if you are not making an income.|
|You only make ISA payments within a specific timeframe, usually 5-7 years. After that your obligation is over.||Loan payment term can extend indefinitely until you pay off the principal and interest.|
|You know the maximum amount you’ll pay, no matter what.||Interest is capitalized, so the final payoff amount can increase over the life of the loan if you do not make minimum monthly payments.|
NEED MORE INFORMATION ABOUT ISAs?
- See additional information about ISAs at the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau website.
WANT TO APPLY FOR AN ISA?
Note: Applying for an ISA will require a hard credit pull from a credit bureau.
Income share agreements offered by Blue Ridge Bank, N.A., are only available to US Citizens and Permanent Residents.
Please note: Income share agreements may not be available to California Residents.
WANT TO SPEAK WITH A REPRESENTATIVE?
© 2022 Blue Ridge Bank, N.A. All rights reserved.
1801 Bayberry Court Richmond, VA 23226 USA | (540) 743-6521 | www.mybrb.com